Hot search: Sony RX100 IV 4K XAVC S to Avid MC | 4K MTS to Avid MC | H.265 to Avid MC
One of my friends has a Sony HDR-PJ440, which is the best camcorder as he thought. He captured many videos with his PJ440 like 1080/60p AVCHD, XAVC S, and he wants to edit the AVCHD recordings with Avid Media Composer thus he can share the videos with us and upload video on the website. But while he trying to import MTS clips from Sony HDR-PJ440 to Avid MC, the program can’t be compatible well with these AVCHD files.
As far as we know AVCHD format is a delivery codec not for editing, so it is not compatible with many editing software, such as Avid Media Composer. That is to say, Avid MC doesn't supports Sony PJ440 AVCHD well, it takes much time to render. If you want to smoothly import and edit Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD video with Avid MC, you should convert Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD to MOV format encoded with DNxHD codec, that is best supported by Avid Media Composer.
Based on our testing, you can get a professional video tool like Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac (review) to finish the conversion task. It can easily convert Sony HDR-PJ440 MTS files to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer on Mac OS X without quality loss. It can generate best editing format/codec for filmmakers and video enthusiasts to use in different NLE apps, such as Final Cut Pro 6/7/X, Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS6/CC, Adobe After Effects, iMovie, Final Cut Express, and more.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mts-converter-mac/
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter-Download/dp/B00QIE3U0Y
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177029.html
How to work Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD videos with Avid Media Composer?
Step 1: Drag and drop source Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD videos to the main interface. Or click “Add Video” button to import videos.
Step 2: Set up output format for Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD to Avid Media Composer. From format list, choose “Avid Media Composer>>Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” for output.
Step 3: This program offers some editing functions. You can tick “Merge into one file” under the preview window. And click “Edit” button, you can make changes to the video effects as you wish. In the editing window, you can trim your favorite part from the video, crop the frame size, adjust the visual effects, or add watermarks or subtitles. If you want to change the video parameters, go back to the main interface and click “Settings” button, you can select the video encoder, resolution, audio channel and more. This function is something worth trying. You can get the work done splendidly.
Step 4: Press the “Convert” button to start Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD MTS to DNxHD .mov conversion.
Conclusion: Once finished, click “Open” to get converted videos. Then you could transfer them to Avid Media Composer for editing.
More related tips:
- Import Sony PMW-PZ1 XAVC to QuickTime MOV Workflow
- Edit Sony PXW-X320 XAVC to Prores in FCP 6/7 Smoothly
- Did After Effects CC drop Sony AS200V XAVC S support?
- Enjoy Sony RX10 II 4K XAVC S on Zeiss VR One with iPhone 6
- Enjoy Sony RX100 IV 4K XAVC S on Zeiss VR One with iPhone 6
- Enjoy Sony TD20 3D MTS on Zeiss VR One with Nexus 5
- Convert Sony Handycam M2TS to MP4 for Watching
- Sony FDR-AX1 4K Editing Experience with EDIUS 7.2