Hot search: FCP supported video formats | Adobe Premiere Pro supported formats | Avid Supported Video Formats | Windows Movie Maker Supported Formats | Xperia Z4/Z3/Z2/Z1 Supported Video Formats
News-shooter was at Sony headquarters in New York as they introduced a new 4K playback deck for SxS memory cards, the PMW-PZ1, which will also copy cards to a USB-3 hard drive. The memory player has four 3G HDSDI outputs as well as an HDMI-2 4K output. Besides XAVC, it will handle a variety of formats (including HD) and will also take XQD and SD cards with adapters.
XAVC as Sony newly released recording format brings a brand new technology innovation to the HD world which offers professional photographers extremely amazing shooting videos. But you may be disappointed when editing Sony PMW-PZ1 XAVC video clips in NLEs like FCP/Premiere/Avid Media Composer on Mac OS X El Capitan since they don’t support XAVC video format. You need convert Sony XAVC to FCP/Premiere/Avid MC especially compatible format first.
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (review) provides an easy and effective way to convert Sony XAVC to ProRes/MPEG-2/DNxHD for FCP/Premiere/Avid MC editing and playback. With the inner decoder and recoder, this XAVC codec can be easily loaded and multiple presets are here for you to choose. Before conversion, you can also do some simple editing on your videos, like trim, crop, add subtitles, adjust aspect ratio, etc to make your very own videos for enjoyment.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to convert Sony PMW-PZ1 XAVC to FCP/Premiere/Avid MC?
Step 1: Download and have a quick installation. The trial version will have a watermark on your converted files. Except for that, there are no time limitation, no virus, and no unnecessary bundle apps while downloading. After that, click "Add Video" button to load Sony PMW-PZ1 XAVC. You can load several files at once thanks to "Add from folder" button.
Step 2: Here, you need to choose what you want the output to be. Click "Format" drop-down list, and then select "Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as the best output format for editing in FCP.
Tips: For editing Sony XAVC in Premiere, choose "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas>>MPEG-2 (*.mpg)".
For editing Sony XAVC in Avid MC, choose "Avid Media Composer>>Avid DNxHD (*.mov)".
Step 3: Click "Settings" button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4: When everything is done, you can take a preview by hitting "Play" button. If you are satisfied with the final result, you can click "Convert" button to finish the conversion work.
Conclusion: When the conversion is done, you can click "Open" to get your generated files. Now, you can transfer Sony PMW-PZ1 XAVC to FCP, Premiere, Avid Media Composer without any hassles.
More related tips:
- Which is the Best Solution to FCP X from Different Formats?
- Analysis on HD Camcorder Supported Video Formats AVCHD DV MPEG2
- Reading on Video Formats Guide and Video Encoding Help
- Surprise for MTS to QuickTime or DV Format on Mac Yosemite
- Convert Sony MTS Files to TV Playable Format for Playing on Mac/PC
- Encode/Decode Sony a7II XAVC S to FCP 7 for Editing on Mac Yosemite
- Issues within Sony AX-100 4K XAVC S and Premiere Pro
- Make Sony a7 II XAVC S Accepted by Avid Media Composer on Mac OS X