Meet the NEW Action Cam HDR AS200V, the highest image quality of all Full HD Action Cam ever. You may have got the Sony HDR-AS200V camera which recorded some full-HD footages in XAVC S format. Do you have a desire to import XAVC S to FCP 7/X for editing?
XAVC S, a new format introduced by Sony with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 level 5.2, the highest picture resolution and frame rate video compression codec is much more than a video format that FCP can support. So, it’s not strange that you have met so many Sony XAVC S to FCP import issues.
First of all, let’s look at a case found online. "I have a bunch of XAVC S files from a Sony HDR-AS200V. What is the easiest way to import XAVC S to FCP? When I try to import, FCP won’t allow me to use the XAVC S files as it doesn’t have the codec for it."
As you can see, XAVC S is not among the accepted video types by FCP. To load Sony HDR-AS200V XAVC S files into FCP, you should convert Sony XAVC S to FCP best accepted ProRes MOV.Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is perfect for you to finish the conversion job on any Mac version, such as El Capitan, Yosemite. It will save you both time and trouble, and all you need to do is to drag the result videos for prompt editing.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
How to import Sony HDR-AS200V XAVC S to FCP 7/X?
Step 1: Download and have a quick installation. The trial version will have a watermark on your converted files. Except for that, there are no time limitation, no virus, and no unnecessary bundle apps while downloading. After that, click "Add Video" button to load your Sony XAVC S videos. You can load several files at once thanks to "Add from folder" button.
Step 2: Click the "Format" bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get "Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes codec", including ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 4444. Choose the proper one you want. Here, we suggest you to choose "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as the best output format.
Step 3: Click the "Settings" button and set proper video/ audio parameters. My advice is to set the video size, bit rate and fame rate to be exactly as the footages so that you will suffer least quality degradation. If you would like to use default settings, simply skip this step.
Step 4: After all necessary settings, hit the "Convert" button to start the XAVC S to FCP best supported ProRes MOV conversion.
Conclusion: If you have added quite a bunch of XAVC S files, it would take some time to convert. In such case, you can click "Option" and tick the box "Shut down the computer after conversion".
More related tips:
- Sony HDR-AS200V XAVC S to Windows Movie Maker Import Issues
- Compress Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD to Avid Media Composer
- Change Sony HDR-AZ1 XAVC S to ProRes 422 For Editing in FCP
- Enjoy Sony HDR-TD10 3D MTS/M2TS on Zeiss VR One with iPhone 6
- How to Get iMovie Support Sony HDR-PJ440/B MTS Files?
- Edit Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD MTS in DaVinci Resolve Lite
- Edit Sony HDR-PJ440 MTS in Premiere Pro CC
- Edit Sony HDR-CX440/B Footage in iMovie 11
If You Want to Get Our Weekend Pavtube Special offer,You can Click Here: http://bit.ly/1hmOn34