When you captured the shootings, the first thing you may try to do is transfer those AVCHD .mts clips from Sony Handycam to Windows/Mac, and then enjoy it.
Here shows the instruction about Sony Handycam video transfer:
1. Connect your camcorder to your computer through the USB or firewire port.
Note: Older camcorders will typically use firewire while more recent camcorders typically use USB 2.0. Your camcorder will come with the appropriate cable to connect it.
2. Put your camcorder in "play" mode. The switch on your camcorder should be directly beside where you power it on to record videos.
You are almost done! However, if you want to play the mts files from Handycam camcorder on most computers or Android/IOS/Windows 8 devices and share them with others on Youtube or Vimeo, the most effective method is to convert Sony Handycam .MTS to .MP4 format on Windows/Mavericks, which is recognizable and compatible with virtually all media player, operating systems and protable devices.
Pavtube Video Converter - The champion of easiest and fastest conversion. The top Sony Handycam MTS to MP4 converter program that makes the process easy and give you files that are playable on any portable device you can choose, which can help you convert MTS from your Handycam camcorder to MP4, and convert videos from your computer or downloaded from the Internet to target readable format in which you want the video to be played. Just import the video, pick your preferred format, and hit convert, and you're ready to transfer that video to your mobile device, or upload to Youtube/Vimeo.
It's an easy job to personalize videos and make them special and different. You can merge multiple MTS video files into one singe long MP4 video, add your own audio/subtitle/watermark to your video, clip or crop video and add special effects.
The Top-ranked Video Converter is also able to extract audio from video files and save into MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, Apple Lossless Audio and more formats. And it supports converting audio files directly as well!
If you are still seeking a easy and fast conversion, Pavtube Video Converter will be the best choice.
For Mac user, please try Video Converter for Mac.
Guide to convert Sony Handycam AVCHD videos on MP4 for playback and sharing
1. Install and run the best Sony Handycam MTS to MP4 Converter, choose the one according to your operating platform. Transfer Sony HandyCam video to hard drive, and then click "Import" to add the mts files you need into the program.
Note: This great Sony Handycam MTS Video Converter is GPU video card enabled, which means you could encode or decode source videos by ticking off below one or two buttons to accelerate largely accelerate video encoding speed when transcoding/converting/ripping video files from one format to another by using H.264 codec.
2. Click "Format" column and choose the output format, you can choose MP4 format for output. This is the perfect format for playing on Tablets/Smartphones and sharing on website.
Note: In case you cannot find the perfect format for your device, this video converter offers several common profiles for Android and Windows devices so that you could still play HD videos on your smartphone or tablet with small profile adjustments.
3: Click settings button to adjust the output video's parameters, such as bitrate, resolution, etc.
4. You can edit the Sony Handycam MTS videos in this program before converting to other formats on Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8. Trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect as you want.
5. Start converting Sony HandyCam AVCHD video to MP4 for Win/Mac Mavericks.
In this way, you can convert Sony handycam recorded MTS footages to playback or sharing. Please take a try now, hope it will do a great favor for you. You can find more related guides in Sony Column.
Overall, it's a good program, and worth checking out if you often want to convert video files to play on other devices, tv, media players or edit video in Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Pinnacle Studio, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas Pro 13, Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum, Avid Xpress Pro, MAGIX Movie Edit Pro HD, Corel VideoStudio Pro, Cinelerra, Sorenson Squeeze and so on.
- Free Play Sony Handycam AVCHD MTS videos on iPad Air
- Convert GoPro Hero4 4K Videos to MKV/AVI/MOV/MPG/MP4/SWF/ASF on Windows 10/8.1/8
- H.264 .MP4 to FCP? What's Your Best Idea?
- Convert/Split/Join Multiple Sony HandyCam MTS clips on Windows 8.1
- Convert Sony Handycam HDR-PJ790V/PJ780 MTS to iMovie/FCE
- Convert Sony Handycam HDR-PJ790V/PJ780 MTS to Premiere Pro/Avid MC
- Burn AVCHD(.mts) to playable DVD on Mac
Good News! Pavtube Bundles Dealsare coming! If you want to import/preserve/mix multi-track MXF in MKV/MP4/MOV formats, get multi-track Apple Prores MOV for further editing in Final Cut Pro (X), the following bundled software is your best choice:
Video Converter($35) + MXF MultiMixer($45) = $54.9, Save $25.1 (buy link)
Video Converter for Mac($35) + iMixMXF($45) = $54.9, Save $25.1 (buy link)
MXF MultiMixer/iMixMXF Key Features:
-Import/preserve/mix multi-track MXF in MKV/MP4/MOV formats.
-Output multi-track Apple Prores MOV for further editing in Final Cut Pro (X).
-Support DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC output
-Convert MXF to any other formats for editing, playing, or broadcasting.
-Merge/split/trim/crop MXF footages.
Video Converter for Windows/Mac Key Features:
-Convert from and to any common SD/HD video and audio format.
-Support Apple ProRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC encoding.
-Output formats for Windows/Mac editing software, e.g. FCP, iMovie, FCE, Avid, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas Pro, etc.
-Output formats for different playback devices, hdtv, hd media players, etc.
Go ahead and click the link to get your coupon. Save up to $44.1! Never miss!!!