"my camera: Canon XF100
my software: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
I thought the original file be okay for Premiere Pro, but i get messages about unknown compression format. Please inform me about the compatible format i must use for editing in Premiere Pro CS6.”
Hot search: Canon C300 MXF to Premiere Elements | Sony PXW-X320 XAVC in Premiere Pro | Sony PMW-PZ1 XAVC in FCP/Premiere/Avid | Sony PMW-400 to Adobe Premiere Pro CC | Sony a7 II to Premiere Elements
Both the following work flow will do the trick:
Method 1. Canon XF Utility. Use the Canon XF Utility to create a single MXF file of your spanned clips on the memory card and import the new file into the project.
Method 2. To solve the incompatible trouble you'd better change Canon XF100 MXF a native format for importing to Premiere Pro CS6. To get the best quality with 5.1 sound, you can MXF to MPG. If you also want to play it with QuickTime, you can reformat XF100 MXF to MOV videos. If you want to get a smaller file for quickly editing, you can encode Canon XF100 MXF to WMV.
As you seen above, Pavtube Canon MXF to Premiere Pro Converter for Mac is the best choice for you. With the Mac app, you not only can convert Canon XF/Panasonic P2/Sony XDCAM MXF video to MOV, MPG, WMV, you also can batch convert MXF clips to ProRes 422 for FCP (X), AIC for iMovie/FCE, etc. with included Profiles. I believe it is helpful for you. Below is a very easy guide on Canon XF100 MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro's native formats conversion.
PS: If you are a Windows user, please choose the Canon MXF Converter, the workflow is the same.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
Here is a step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Download, install and run the professional Mac XF100 MXF to Premiere Pro Converter.
After connecting your Canon XF100 camcorder to Mac via USB, you can just drag and drop them to the program window. Or click "Add Video"to load mxf videos, otherwise you can "Add from folder"to load all the raw videos in .mxf format.
Note: Batch converting mode is supported, so you can add several files at a time.
Step 2: Hit the Format box and select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas –> MPEG-2(*.mpg), WMV(VC-1)(*.wmv) or MOV(AVC)(.mov) as output format.
Step 3: Click on "Settings"to redefine output quality. You can also set a different video resolution (1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), frame rate (24p/30p), bitrate, audio channels, etc. For users who would like to retain exactly the same settings (without any quality loss), set target settings the same to source video.
Step 4: Click "Convert"to start transcode MXF to MPEG-2/WMV/MOV for Premiere Pro CS6 editing on Mac OS X 10.8(Mountain Lion).
After conversion, please click "Open"to find the exported video. Then, you cantransform video files to Premiere Pro CS6 for editing without any obstacle. Congratulations!
More related tips:
- Edit Canon XF100 MXF Files in Sony Movie Studio Platinum
- Trying to load Canon XF100/XF105 MXF files to FCP X
- Ways of Changing XAVC to MPEG-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4 on Windows/Mac
- How about Editing Sony A7II XAVC S Recordings with MOV/AVI/MPEG-2/WMV
- Convert Sony XDCAM to MPEG-2 for Sony Vegas Pro Editing Flawlessly
- Convert AX30 4K XAVC S to ProRes/AVI/MPEG-2/WMV for Editing and Playing
- Convert Panasonic CM1 4K MP4 to MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro CC on Mac
- Put Sony Mini DV DCR-HC28 MPEG-2 on QuickTime Player for Watching