Panasonic FZ300 is a new 4K camcorder for us, which can shoot high-resolution 4K QFHD video in MP4 format. As new to Panasonic FZ300, you may concern the Panasonic FZ300 4K workflow like how to import Panasonic FZ300 4K video to FCP/Premiere/Avid for editing.
Generally, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer can’t support MP4 format well which is not an ideal format for editing. Plus, expect for Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, the old version FCP 6/7, Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS6 can’t support 4K video. To edit FZ300 4K video in FCP/Premiere/Avid flawlessly, an ultimate solution is to convert FZ300 4K MP4 files to ProRes MOV for FCP, MPEG-2 MPG for Premiere, DNxHD MOV for Avid.
To convert FZ300 4K MP4 to FCP/Premiere/Avid friendly format quickly and easily, a professional and easy-to-use 4K video converter is the key. Here you can depend on Pavtube Video Converter for Mac(review). It provides hundreds of output format presets for 4K videos, such as DNxHD for Avid, Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro, MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere, Apple InterMediate Codec for iMovie, etc. Besides, this 4K converter is also available to customize the output resolutions to any size like 1080p, 2K, 4K as users want. It will save you both time and trouble, and all you need to do is to drag the result videos for prompt editing.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
How to convert FZ300 4K videos to FCP/Premiere/Avid?
Step 1: Download and have a quick installation. The trial version will have a watermark on your converted files. Except for that, there are no time limitation, no virus, and no unnecessary bundle apps while downloading. After that, click "Add Video" button to load your FZ300 4K MP4 videos. You can load several files at once thanks to "Add from folder" button.
Step 2: Click the "Format" bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get "Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes codec", including ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 4444. Choose the proper one you want. Here, we suggest you to choose "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as the best output format.
Tips: For editing FZ300 4K MP4 in Premiere, choose "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas>>MPEG-2 (*.mpg)".
For editing FZ300 4K MP4 in Avid, choose "Avid Media Composer>>Avid DNxHD (*.mov)".
Step 3: Click the "Settings" button and set proper video/ audio parameters. My advice is to set the video size, bit rate and fame rate to be exactly as the footages so that you will suffer least quality degradation. If you would like to use default settings, simply skip this step.
Step 4: After all necessary settings, hit the "Convert" button to start the conversion work.
Conclusion: After conversion, you can get the generated files by clicking "Open" button. Then, you can transfer FZ300 4K videos to FCP/Premiere/Avid without any hassles.
If You Want to Get Our Weekend Pavtube Special offer,You can Click Here: http://bit.ly/1hmOn34
More related tips:
- Tutorial of Getting Panasonic GH4 4K Footage into iMovie
- Downsize Sony 4K XAVC to 1080p for Playing Smoothly
- Smoothly Edit Sony F55/F5 4K XAVC in Final Cut Pro 6/7
- Transform 4K XAVC S videos and Burn 4K videos on Mac
- Transcode Sony FDR-AX1 4K XAVC to Final Cut Express
- Native Editing Sony Alpha 7S 4K XAVC to ProRes 422 in Final Cut Pro
- Convert 4K MXF Shot By Canon XC10 XF-AVC to YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook
- Edit Sony F55/F5 XAVC 4K videos With Avid Media Composer