Summary: If you have some MPG/MPEG files stored on your Mac and want to import MPG to FCP or edit MPEG in FCP, you will find that it's a frustrating thing. This article outlines how to solve MPG/MPEG to FCP import issues for smooth editing. Keep reading for a brief how-to.
The .mpg format is used for any video or MPEG animation using the MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 codec, both of which were designed for lossy compression of audio and video. However, this format may cause some hassles for videographers and editors, especially those who use a Mac PC to do their video work. For instance, MPG/MPEG to FCP import issue is included.
Final Cut Pro (FCP), the main professional video editing software on Mac computers, does not handle .mpg files really well as it wasn't tailored to work with all the different video and audio file formats available out there. Since Final Cut Pro work best with ProRes encoded MOV files, so convert MPG to FCP supported format or edit MPEG in FCP with its best accepted format is the easiest and the most efficient way.
If you temporarily have no idea about what to do, you can take MPG/MPEG to FCP conversion into consideration. The conversion is easy to be finished with only several clicks without loss of video quality. First you need to download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, a popular and professional video converter, player and editor. By running it, there's no need to set the codec ourselves; the program has optimized ProRes presets for Final Cut Pro.
How to convert MPG/MPEG to FCP for editing?
Step 1: Launch the HD MPG/MPEG to FCP Video Converter on your Mac, and then click the "Add video" button to import your MPG/MPEG files directly. In order to import several files at one time, you can click "Add from folder" button.
Step 2: Click the "Format" bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get "Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes codec", including ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 4444. Choose the proper one you want. Here, we suggest you to choose Apple ProRes 422 .mov as the best output format.
Step 3: Press the "Settings" icon and you'd better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 for editing MPG/MPEG in FCP easily.
Step 4: Click the "Convert" button at the bottom right corner to start converting MPG/MPEG to FCP. Once the conversion completes, you are free to import MPG/MPEG to FCP for further editing!
Conclusion: You don't need to wait around during the MPG/MPEG to FCP conversion. It does the video conversion like a charm and the output files will maximally preserve the quality of your original MPG/MPEG clips. Now you can import the generated MPG/MPEG to FCP to create your own masterpiece.
- Import Sony XDCAM MXF Media into Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12: Regarding to computer connection, the PDW-700 offers three options of connecting the unit to a computer for file based downloading/ingesting of MPEG IMX & DVCAM MXF clips.
- Fix Issues between MOV and iTunes, iPhone, iPad—Incompatibility?: Why can't we import the MOV files to Apple devices like iPhone or iPad via iTunes? Is it true that Apple devices can support the MOV format as well as MP4?
- Convert HTPC Videos for Playback on Tablets from Windows Media Center: You are out if you still always use the Windows Media Center to watch TV shows on PC. Why not watch the video shows on tablets at anywhere anytime?
Good news! Pavtube Bundles Deals are coming! It's a time for taking a break from work and relaxing. And now you can enjoy your colorful time with good featured products at"Pavtube Bundles Deals". Go ahead and click the link to get your coupon. Save up to $44.1!Never miss!!!
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + MXF Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + MKV Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + FLV/F4V Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
- iMixMXF($45) + HD Video Converter for Mac($35) = Only $54.9 .....