"It's a common situation that people can't import Sony PXW-X200 XAVC to Final Cut Pro X successfully. For instance, FCP X only recognizes the image in the loaded XAVC video; it will grey out the import window or even crashes suddenly. Here're two ways to import Sony XAVC to FCP X: 1. You need to install the Sony XAVC/XDCAM Plug-in for FCP X on your system; 2. You can transcode Sony XAVC to FCP X Supported Apple ProRes format for edtitin without rendering on Mac."
- Hot search: FCP X Formats | Best 10 HD Video Converter Review | XAVC to Xbox One/360 | XAVC to QuickTime | XAVC .MXF to Vegas Pro 13
Why we love Sony PXW-X200 camcorder so much?
Offering the ultimate flexibility, the new Sony PXW-X200 offers pristine Full HD (1920*1080) recordings in the latest generation XAVC codec for broadcast quality 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling utilizing the MPEG-4 XAVC/H.264 compression for maximum quality. In other words, this kind of camera has the strong ability for shooting flexible videos with a high quality.
What a pity! The latest high definition XAVC video format introduced by Sony PXW-X200 is not well supported by Final Cut Pro X so far.
According to Apple official and XAVC users feedback, we offer two ways to import Sony PXW-X200 XAVC video to Final Cut Por X on Mac OS X, including the latest Yosemite or Mavericks.
Method one. Sony XAVC Plug-in for Apple Final Cut Pro X
1. If you use Final Cut Pro X version 10.2: Final Cut Pro X 10.2 supports Sony XAVC, XAVC S, XDCAM, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM EX media.
Before importing Sony XAVC, verify that Pro Video Formats is installed on your system. Check for software updates and, if necessary, install the latest Pro Video Formats. (You can also manually download Pro Video Formats from the Apple Support website.) No additional software is required.
To learn how to import media, read these topics in Final Cut Pro X 10.2 Help:
Import from file-based cameras
Import from a hard disk
2. If you use Final Cut Pro X version 10.1.4 or earlier: Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4 and earlier support Sony XAVC, XDCAM, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM EX media.
Note: If you want to import Sony XAVC S media, update to Final Cut Pro X 10.2.
Before importing Sony XAVC and XDCAM media, verify that Pro Video Formats and the Sony XAVC/XDCAM Plug-in for Apple are installed on your system. Check for software updates and, if necessary, install the latest Pro Video Formats. (You can also manually download Pro Video Formats from the Apple Support website.)
If you need to install the Sony plug-in, manually download it from the Sony Creative Software Download page. Review the included release notes, and then install the Sony plug-in.
To learn how to import media, read these topics in Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4 Help:
Import from file-based cameras
Import from a hard disk
The solution from Apple Official website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202252
Method two. Transcode Sony PXW-X200 XAVC files to FCP X supported Apple ProRes
This is a simple and effective method: convert PXW-X200 XAVC to FCP X format with professional software at one go. By converting the video beforehand, you can import XAVC to FCP X for editing immediately.
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is a yet fast and effective XAVC to FCP X converter for Mac OS X, Yosemite, Mavericks, Montain Lion included. Preconfigured with FCP X profile and high quality engine, this full-featured Mac XAVC to FCP X converter will enable both novice users and advanced users to convert Sony XAVC to FCP X supported format and import XAVC to FCP X with only a few mouse clicks, while retaining excellent video and audio quality for editing in FCP X. After the fast video conversion ends, you can import the converted XAVC video to FCP X directly without rendering and edit Sony XAVC in FCP X to create your own video clip. More, Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac can also convert XAVC to MPEG-2 for Premiere or convert XAVC to DNxHD mov for Avid. Would you like to have a try?
Note: If you're running Windows system, pls try the Video Converter, and you can also read the guide on converting XAVC files on Windows.
1. Install this program and launch it according to its instructions. With two buttons we can easily transfer our original files in, "Add video" and "Add from folder" can do this job well. The how could we get the suitable ones for FCP, Premiere and Avid? Now, follow the screen shots below, we have individual output choices for each one.
2. For Final Cut Pro, may be the "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes Codec 422 (*.mov)" on the output list could be your best, right?
The XAVC to FCP X Converter for Mac have different selection there so if you cannot find them out. Just tap the answer in the searching box, you won't miss it there.
3. Then we can go to other optional items to take around, such as the "Settings" there. Many users are fond of this button because we can adjust our own output videos here. For example, the video size, bitrates, or even the audio channels. Anything we can make a selections here for output devices or apps.
4. Finally, just tap the "Convert" button, the software can easily get the output Apple ProRes mov files.
At the end of this paper, if you are the first time to work with FCP X, Premiere Pro and Avid, Pavtube also can offer you some related transferring guides individually for FCP, Premiere and Avid, you can take as references.
That's all! Thanks for your reading, have a nice day.
You can also read other articles (Of course, you can also skip them):
- Convert XAVC to MOV, MKV, MP4, AVI, MPG, WMV, FLV for playing, editing, burning
- Import XAVC Video Footage to iMovie/FCE for editing on Mac
- Import Sony PMW-F55/F5 XAVC files to Final Cut Pro X
- Edit Sony PXW-X70 XAVC .mxf in FCP X
- Convert 2K/4K XAVC Videos to ASF/SWF on Windows/Mac
- Make Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC Videos Compatible with FCP X on Mac Yosemite
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC Refuses the XAVC-S Codec? Solve the Issues!
- Explore Sony AX-1 4K XAVC S in FCP X or Other NLEs
Good News: Never miss to get Saving up to $44.1, MXF/MTS/M2TS/MKV/FLV/MOV Converter.etc at Pavtube Bundles Deals,
such as: HD Video Converter for Mac($35) + DVD Creator for Mac($35) = $39.9, Save $30.1