See Also: Ask for Some MXF| MXF Converter Review | MXF Transcoding Tips?
'I have a hard drive full of .MXF files that were transferred from a Sony XDCAM F-800 23GB professional Disc reader onto the drive as files. FCPX doesn't read the .MXF files, giving the error "No importable files". Any suggestions on how to load the Sony PDW-F800 .MXF files into FCP X? Thanks!'
I really don't know whether you have met the similar questions or not, after that, *****I searched online and fortunately, I have found an effective method and tried it well so here I would like to share the way with you***. Date back to the causes, MXF as a container format, it indeed got the limitation with FCP X, so a professional Pavtube MXF to FCP X Converter for Mac to handle the job well.
1. For additional multiple audio tracks with your output videos? We can find the unique one here, 'Multi-track Video' as you like, iMixMXF is another choice.[/b]
2. Good News! Big discount is allowed here expires on Dec.10th, 2014! During the Pavtube Thanksgiving promotion days, we can enjoy a 40% off discount of this multi-track MXF converter there! Do not miss this chance!
Download the program and install it on your computer, if you have already store your MXF files, 'Add video' there you can click to load them in, or connect your camera to computer with USB cable, drag them directly in is also available. For a second step, to find the ProRes .mov for FCP X, drop down the output list, 'Apple ProRes Codec 422(*.mov)' is waiting there, or surely we can search it in the 'searching box'.
Why not take around the 'Settings' button on the main interface? Here, we can adjust our video size, (just according to personal requirements), bitrates or frame rate, remember that you should set them in appropriate default or you might not get an ideal effect.
Now, click "Convert" button to start the conversion from Sony F800 MXF footage to Apple ProRes MOV on Mac OS X (Mavericks and Yosemite included).
After the workflow, you can go to the output folder to find the converted video files. Now you are free to import the converted MXF files in FCP X under Mac without problems.
1. Before you try to do the conversion, if you are also a FCP X user, please make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
2. If you want to edit Sony PDW-F800 MXF video in iMovie or Final Cut Express, you just need to choose the "iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)".
- Enable Sony PDW-F850 MXF Imported to Sony Vegas Pro 13
- Encode Sony PXW-X200 XAVC to MP4, MOV, AVI, MPG, FLV
- Use Magix Movie Edit Pro 2015 Plus to Edit Your Wedding Videos
- Multi-track Convert Canon MXF footage on Windows 10 or Yosemite
- Transcode Canon XF200/XF205 MXF to FCP X preserving multi-track
- Make Sony PXW-X500 Smoothly Edited in FCP 6/7
- Upload Canon EOS 7D Mark II to YouTube and Vimeo
- Import Sony PMW-RX50 XAVC/MPEG files to FCP X with no trouble
- Edit Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 AVCHD in Final Cut Pro