Ingest Panasonic GH4 4K video to iMovie for editing
Summary: Are you all still confused with the incompatible GH4 4K videos to iMovies shot by Panasonic? The article outlines how to ingest GH4 4K footage to iMovie for smoothly editing.
Let me introduce you the easiest way, from 4K MP4 footage to Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) MOV. Here is how.
Source: How to Import GH4 4K to iMovie?
Panasonic Lumix GH4 is the first prosumer model to offer Cinema 4K (C4K, 4,096×2,160) in addition to Quad HD 4K (QHD, 3,840×2,160), and notably it supports potentially extra-high-quality HD. So you can get 4K and 1080P footage easily. The point here, you will find it a painful experience to import the GH4 4K footage into iMovie even iMovie 11 for further editing.
What's the available workflow for editing GH4 4K in iMovie?
The easiest workaround is to convert Panasonic GH4 4K footage to a more editing-friendly format, such an iMovie's Apple InterMediate Codec. The process is surprisingly easy and can be done with the help ofPavtube 4K Video Converter for Mac (Here is a list of Top 5 HD Video Converter for Mac Reviews). The program lets you convert GH4 4K AVCHD/MP4/MOV to AIC encoded MOV, which ensures maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with iMovie (no matter iMovie HD, iMovie 08, iMovie 09, or iMovie 11) in a few clicks.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Any interests in learning how to convert GH4 MP4 to AIC .mov for editing in iMovie?
Step 1: Add your raw GH4 4K videos
Run the program you just set up. Drag and drop GH4 4K video files to the converter. You can also hit "Add video" and "Add from folder" buttons to import videos to the app. If you wanna combine several videos into one file, you can click the "Merge into one" beside the preview window.
Step 2: Choose the right one for iMovie
Follow my steps to come to the output list, here we can find the suitable one for iMovie. As we mentioned above, we can select the "Apple InterMediate Codec (*.mov)" from the "iMovie/Final Cut Express" item.
Tips: For others? You can choose the "MPEG (*.mpg)" for "Adobe Premiere Pro/Sony Vegas", "Avid DNxHD (*.mov)" for "Avid Media Composer", etc. So mnay various formats for editing apps or media players you can all find here.
Step 3: (Optional) Before conversion, you can click the "Settings" icon to customize the video/audio settings including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc for iMovie. Such a nice functional item we cannot miss it!
In the end, when you finish the preparation work it's time to hit the "Convert" to get our work ended. After the conversion, click "Open" to locate the result videos and then launch iMovie, choose "File > Import > Movies…", to import the converted 4K video into iMovie; prepare for editing. You will find that it's just a piece of cake to edit Panasonic GH4 4K files in iMovie.
P.S. If you want to burn 4K videos to DVD on Mac, Pavtube Budles Deals is a good choice for you, such as: Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac($35) + DVD Creator for Mac($35) = Only $39.9, Save $30.1!
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac Key Features:
- Convert H.265/HEVC, XAVC, MKV, MOV, MXF, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, M4V, MP4, AVI, MPG, VOB, WMV, 3GP, FLV videos for playing, editing, uploading or burning.
- Support ProRes/DNxHD/DVCPRO/AIC and other codecs for NLEs on Mac.
- Support Convert all Videos to M3U8 format
- Convert HD footages from Sony, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, JVC, etc.
- Convert any video and audio for multiple playback devices.
Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac Key Features:
- Create playable DVD disc, DVD folder and DVD ISO from different file types.
- Make DVDs from TiVo, XAVC, MTS, MOV, WMV, AVI, MPEG, MP4, MKV and more.
- Burn ISO image file and DVD folder/VIDEO_TS to a DVD disc directly.
- Create DVD movies with NTSC or PAL video standard.
How to Transcode FLV Files to M3U8 Format on Mac?
Convert Video to M3U8 with FFmpeg Alternatives for Windows
Top-ranked M3U8 Converter for Windows Reviewed
Sony Handycam DCR-SR MPEG-2 Videos to iMovie Workflow
Import AVCHD Files to Keynote on Yosemite
Encode Sony a7II XAVC S to FCP 7 for Editing on Mac Yosemite
How to compress MOV file to MP4 on PC or iMac?
How to Play AVCHD/MTS Video on Mac&Windows PC?
No Audio When Importing Panasonic AVCHD/AVCCAM (.MTS) Files Natively to DaVinci Resolve 11?
Import MTS to FCE for Editing and Uploading to YouTube