MKV to Premiere Pro CC Importing Workflow on Windows/Mac
Overview: When browsing or importing MKV to Premiere Pro CC, you may come across lots of problems, such as Premiere Pro CC crashes? Only image or only get sound in Premiere Pro CC? nothing shows up on the screen? And so on. The article offers the easiest solution to the MKV to Premiere Pro CC importing issue on Windows/Mac.
Hot Search: MKV to Tivo | MKV to FCP X | MKV to Windows Media Player | MKV to Plex | MKV to Samsung TV | MKV to XBMC | MKV to Galaxy S6
Premiere Pro won't Support MKV Problems:
1. "No MKV file will open in Premiere Pro CC. Only pictures will open. I've tried to convert MKV into MP4 for importing to PP CC, but it would not open. When I drag a MKV into Adobe editing program, it says none of the items dropped in Premiere Pro CC can be opened. If I manually search for video files using the program, it says there was an unknown error."
2. "Hi all. My brother in-law sent us two .mkv videos he wants me to use in a video I am cutting for him. The only trouble is, I've no idea how to get them into a format Premiere Pro CC can handle. I've searched and the only solutions I have found are infinitely complicated for me."
3. "Gents, I normally receive my stuff in a format I can stick on Adobe Premiere Pro CC. MKV's are not compatible. What I want to do with the current project is take the MKV I have and convert it for use with Adobe Premiere Pro CC(on a PC and not on a MAC)."
The MKV is an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of audio, video, subtitle tracks or picture in one file. As the container format , it cannot easily be accepted by FCP and Sony Vegas, etc.
So how to let Premiere Pro CC read the MKV files smoothly? Let me introduce the Pavtube Video Converter for you. As the best MKV to Premiere Pro CC Converter, which can convert MKV file to Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5/CS4/CS3 supported formats on Windows (including Windows 10. 8.1, 8, 7, etc.). In addition, you can convert MKV to popular devices or media players. Below is a step-by-step guide, please follow it.
Free download the professional MKV to Premiere Pro CC Converter, install it on your computer:
Note: If you are Mac users, pls try Pavtube Video Converter for Mac and refer to the guide.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Step 1. Launch the MKV to Premiere Pro CC covnerter software on Windows and click "Add File" to load the MKV files you want to convert. Or directly drag MKV videos to the converter. After the files are loaded, you can preview them and take snapshots of your favorite video scenes. Batch conversion is also available.
Step 2. Click the "Format" bar or the pull down menu of "Format" to select output format: "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2 (*.mpg)" for Premiere Pro CC editing easily.
Tip: Edit MKV files (Optional)
How to cut the wanted clips from a piece of MKV file? How to cut off black or unwanted areas in an MKV file? Go to the "Video Editor" window to try "Trim" and "Crop" functions. Other editing functions like adding watermarks, special effects, adjusting audios, subtitles are also quite useful for your editing work.
Step 3. Click the "Convert" button at the right bottom side, then the MKV to Premiere MPEG-2 conversion process will begin. Time varies according to the file size. After finished, you can import the convertedMKV to Premiere Pro CC with ease.
Convert 1080p MKV videos to 720p MP4 videos on Windows/Mac
Play MKV Movies on Amazon Fire TV
How to Stream MKV/AVI Files to Your Xbox One
Free Ways to Play AVI/MKV videos on iTunes
No Sound on Playing MKV Files on Gear VR? Solved!
Enjoy MKV Movies on Apple TV 3
How to Import and Convert MKV to iMovie 11/10/9?
Importing MP4 Files into Premiere Elements 12/13
Import Fraps AVI Video to FCP/iMovie/Avid MC/Premiere on Mac
AVCHD .mts Audio Missing in Premiere Pro CC
Convert AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, and TS to MOV for Playback with QuickTime
Import MTS to FCE for Editing and Uploading to YouTube
Edit AVCHD MTS/M2TS/M2T/TS Files in FCP 6/7/X