Questions here: Could MTS/M2TS be directly accepted by other popular NLEs such like Premiere Pro, iMovie, etc. Or could we go through the way smoothly in uploading MTS/M2TS on YouTube/Vimeo?
MTS and M2TS both are file extensions for the high definition digital video camera recorder format, AVCHD. AVCHD was jointly established by Sony Corporation and Panasonic Corporation in 2006 for use in their digital tapeless camcorders. MTS files can typically be opened and edited using the software included with Sony, Panasonic and some Canon HD camcorders.
But practically speaking, importing AVCHD to FCP might be tricky, due to the version of FCP, your Mac processor (PowerPC- or older Intel-based Mac don't support AVCHD editing) , and the model of camcorder. Thus, many users report that they can't import AVCHD files into FCP using camera import, or can't edit them by selecting the single .mts clips.
As AVCHD format records video using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video codec, to get FCP recognise single .mts/.m2ts files, you need to convert your AVCHD files to FCP friendly format like Prores .MOV with a 3rd party tool.
Here recommend you the top Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac which can help you to convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes 422 preserving the original quality that get individual .mts/.m2ts files to edit in FCP successfully.
Plus, this Mac AVCHD converter also supports converting AVCHD MTS footage to iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Express and more to meet your needs. What's more, some easy-to-use editing features like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, deinterlacing, etc are combined with the convert program. Now, follow the step-by-step guide transcoding single .mts/.m2ts to Final Cut Pro.
1. Download the best AVCHD Converter for FCP, install and run it. As soon as its main interface appears, click "Add video" or "Add from folder" icon to load your individual .mts/.m2ts files that stored on your Mac.
2. Choose "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format from "Final Cut Pro" option as the best codec with single .mts/.m2ts footage in Final Cut Pro.
3. Click "Convert" to start AVCHD to FCP conversion.
Once the conversion is done, you can click "Open" button to find out the generated files with ease.
How to import the converted video files to FCP for further editing?
Launch Final Cut Pro, choose File > Import > Files….
More related articles:
- Three ways to transfer videos/movies from PC/computer to Samsung Galaxy S3
- Easiest solution to play MKV, AVI, VOB, WMV, Tivo, MPG, Flash videos on Sony Xperia Z2
- Wise Workflow: How to Import and Edit Sony DSC-RX100 III XAVC S raw video into Premiere Pro?
- Convert DVD for editing in Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas, Premiere Pro and Movie Maker, etc.
- Transfer/Sync iTunes video & movies to the new Surface Pro 3 Tablet
Good news! Pavtube Bundles Deals are coming! It's a time for taking a break from work and relaxing. And now you can enjoy your colorful time with good featured products at"Pavtube Bundles Deals". Go ahead and click the link to get your coupon. Save up to $44.1!Never miss!!!
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + MXF Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + MKV Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + FLV/F4V Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
- iMixMXF($45) + HD Video Converter for Mac($35) = Only $54.9 .....