I've had Sony HDR-PJ430V camcorder for about 2 weeks now. It does its primary job (recording videos) outstandingly and i can highly recommend this product if your primary concern is video capabilities. While it has some flaws that annoy me, if I drop a .mts file from my sony camera into Premiere Pro CC, it shows video but no sound? If I drop it into CS5.5 the sound works. I don't know why it happens.
People who are using MTS files with Adobe Premiere Pro(especially CC7) often have the similar problems Premiere Pro missing audio tracks for .MTS files. As far as I know, there are 3 ways that might help you resolve your work- Premiere Pro CC, Sony HDR-PJ430V MTS files, metadata and no audio:
- 1. Install an earlier version of premiere pro like 4 – 5 depending what version fits what you do……(DO NOT UPDATE!!!)
- 2. Import the ENTIRE CARD, very important, all the files from your card to your PC/Mac, the metadata should be located somewhere in a folder within the card, it’s not on the .mts file.
- 3. Convert MTS clips from Sony HDR-PJ430V into another format for Adobe Premiere Pro CC and relink against the transcoded version. It will get the audio back into Premiere. Might be a bit time consuming but it works.
In terms of the third method, we have made some searches ,and found that the Adobe Premiere Pro CC can edit the file formats of .mpeg2, .mov, etc. So, converting Sony HDR-PJ430V MTS file to MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro CC editing is a best choice.
Steps to convert Sony HDR-PJ430V MTS videos to Premiere Pro CC acceptable format for correctly importing
Here we recommend the easy-to-use yet professional application Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac. Just download it and follow the simple steps below to transcode Sony HDR-PJ430V MTS for Premiere Pro CC editable format. With it, you can also convert any video shooting with AVCHD camcorders to popular video format like MKV, M4V, MOV, AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, etc. The conversion is easy to handle and only with a few simple clicks, you can finish the conversion without facing any glitches.
See also: Top 5 MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac Reviewed
1. Import Sony HDR-PJ430V MTS to the converter
Run the MTS to Premiere Pro CC Converter and click the Add Video or Add from folder button to import the MTS videos from HDR-PJ430V to be converted. The converter supports converting multiple files at a time.
2. Choose MPEG-2 as the output format
Click "Format" drop-down bar to select a proper video format. To edit Sony HDR-PJ430V AVCHD videos in Premiere Pro CC, then HD Video > MPEG-2 HD Video(*.mpg) or Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2 (*.mpg) is the suitable one.
Note: you can also solve AVCHD importing Problem into FCP by selecting FCP native format: "Final Cut Pro > Apple Prores 422 (*.mov)"
Step 3. Start Sony HDR-PJ430V MTS conversion with a click
Hit the big Convert button and the conversion from Sony HDR-PJ430V MTS to Premiere Pro CC will begin immediately.
Tips & Tricks:
1. Adjust audio and video settings
The Mac MTS to Premiere Pro Converter enables users to adjust audio and video settings before transcoding Sony HDR-PJ430V AVCHD files to MPEG-2. Click "Settings" button, then you will enter the following interface, on which you are allowed to customize size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel to your required ones.
2. Basic video editing (optional)
This Mac MTS/M2TS Converter has a built-in video editor, so you can touch up the video with basic video editing functions. The supported video editing operations are: Trimming, cropping, appending artistic visual effects, adding watermarks and embed subtitles to the videos. And you can also deinterlace Sony 1080i AVCHD via ticking the “Deinterlacing” box in the Video Editor interface. Just note that this step is skippable if you want to keep the original video effects.
After the conversion is complete, get the resulted files via clicking the Open button and then you can transfer and import Sony HDR-PJ430V MTS to Premiere Pro CC for further editing without any hassle.
Forher guides about different editing tools, you can check the paper listed below.
- Nicely Encode Sony F5/F55 XAVC to FCP X for Editing
- Work MP4 Files with Adobe Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, After Effects
- KMPlayer Cannot Work or Play MP4/H.264 MKV Videos? Fixed!
- Workflow: H.265/HEVC Footage to After Effects for Editing
- Hot Topic on Sony A7II Review and Video Recordings
- Edit Sony PXW-FS7 4K XAVC Footage in Avid Media Composer
Good News! Pavtube 2014 Christmas promotional activities began! Just click "Share on Facebook" button, insert "#PavtubeChristmas2014",choose "Public", and click "Share Link". Then send us the screenshot by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, you will receive a 50% OFF discountlink of any converter from Pavtube within 24 hours on week days. Please do not forget to invite your families and friends to join in, and we'll appreciate your action! The event link is:http://www.pavtube.com/christmas-2014-specials.html